Kami Vision makes advanced, practical vision AI affordable and accessible for any consumer and business. As an Embedded AI engineer, you will integrate computer vision AI algorithms/models into edge devices. you will work with a team of Computer Vision, Software, and Hardware Engineers on innovative embedded vision systems to meet challenging new product requirements, integrate into unique customer applications, and propose and deliver demonstrations of advanced technology initiatives. In this role you will be given the opportunity to work at the frontier of embedded vision technology and apply it in several domains. This is an exceptional opportunity to influence future offering roadmaps and to make advanced capability practical for IoT and embedded systems and to grow your own expertise, mentor others, and deliver technology that makes a positive difference in people’s lives.
Ideal candidates are expected to have a strong understanding of deep learning and its frameworks such as Tensorflow and/or Pytorch. You are expected to be an expert in embedded systems, as well as in model compression techniques, such as model pruning and model quantization.
- Provide technical contributions and leadership as senior individual contributor or small team leader to embedded machine vision / computer vision projects.
- Build and maintain model conversion, from common framework to embedded, toolchain and pipeline
- Work cross-functionally to elaborate needs, key requirements, constraints, and options to pursue
- Work in collaboration with team to architect solutions, develop algorithms, and demonstrate working solutions in product intent, embedded systems.
- Refine and optimize solutions documenting design constraints and latitudes.
- Apply breadth of experience in machine vision systems, engineering expertise, creative problem solving, and develop and demonstrate solutions that meet challenging requirements
- Deliver supporting analysis, models, and know how to define critical parameters and performance latitudes
- Present solutions and results to internal and external customers. Collect feedback and develop action plans.
- Support team through implementation, validation, and transfer to production.
- Mentor others in critical and emerging machine vision technologies. Assist in recruiting new talent. Collaborate with external partners as needed.
- Support the ongoing development of technology / product roadmaps and the execution of those strategies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with C++ development in embedded applications
- Experience with common embedded operating systems and environments such as Linux, etc
- Very comfortable with linux based development environments, make files etc
- Experience with ARM based SoCs
- Experience in embedded SW design with respect to resource limitations and timing constraints
- Experience with CNNs and other types of neural networks in machine learning, or Robotics, or AI
- Good understanding of machine learning fundamentals and deep learning frameworks, such as Caffe, Tensorflow, Pytorch
- Experience in neural network quantization, compression, and algorithm pruning
- Application layer development and optimization of deep learning algorithms in embedded systems
- Experience in deep learning kernel/compiler optimization
- Experience with scripting language(s) such as Python, Bash
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Value testing, and test based software development